Training Modules Overview
Here is how we enable - Orton-Gillingham Approach
Our team of expert academic therapists has specially crafted a series of 6 complementary modules with the aim of helping educators in supporting students who may benefit from a multisensory, structured, and systematic approach to teaching literacy.
Beyond the preschool scope and sequence, more complex concepts will be covered in these training modules :
- higher level phonograms such as digraphs and trigraphs that children need to master as they read more advanced text
- syllabication patterns that will help with reading and spelling longer words
- spelling rules that govern English spelling
All our modules are conducted by our team of senior academic therapists and are are solely available in a virtual format via Zoom.
These modules are highly interactive as they consist of mini lectures, demonstrations, and require participants to engage in hands-on
activities in small groups in breakout rooms. These modules are highly interactive and they consist of mini lectures, demonstrations, and
require participants to engage in hands-on activities in small groups via the breakout rooms.
Click on each module to learn more and the available dates!
- Module 1: Visual Processing/Decoding
- Module 2: Auditory Processing/Encoding
- Module 3: New Phonogram, Non-Phonetic Sight Words, Editing Skills
- Module 4: Syllabication
- Module 5: Spelling Rules and Generalisations
- Module 6: Lesson Planning
Conduct over 6 days
OG Preschool Course
As a prerequisite, you are required to attend the MSL-OG Preschool Workshop before being able to sign up for this module.
Kindly please whatsApp us at (+65) 8029 6880 for more information.
NTUC members enjoy 50% *unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP. NTUC members aged 40 and above can enjoy higher funding support up to $500 per individual each year, capped at 50% of unfunded course fees, for courses attended between 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2022.
Read More on UTAP funding
NGO sponsored participants, please WhatsApp us at (+65) 8029 6880 for a special discount.